THE EXTRAORDINARY MOSAICS AND THE HIDDEN TREASURES OF THE BASILICA OF ST MARK
The Golden Basilica
A tour to discover one of the symbols of Venice as well one among the most beautiful and stunning cathedrals on Earth: The St Mark Basilica. Let yourself marvel in front of its stunning mosaics and hidden treasures, while learning more about Venice history and his beloved patron St Mark
This guided tour will take us to discover one of the symbols of Venice: The Golden Basilica of St Mark.
A tour which will make us marvel in front of the majesty and true beauty of the St Mark Basilica, the place where Eastern and Western architecture run into each other.
Here, we will learn more about the everlasting history of Venice, about St Mark and how his ruins came to rest and be shielded here.
A tour not only to see Venice, but to experience this city through its history and glorious past, still shining in its historical sites and legendary characters.
Surrounded by the Basilica’s beautiful golden mosaics and marble inlays, our professional guide will take us along the history and the special features of this unique masterpiece of byzantine art.
Among the priceless treasures shielded in the Basilica, we will have the chance to admire the Pala d’Oro, a fine example of Byzantine art with its thousands of gems and precious stones, and of course, the golden mosaics, maybe the most famous feature of the cathedral.
Validity: from November 1, 2019 to March 31, 2020 (not operational on December 8, December 25, January 1 and January 6)
Availability: from Monday to Saturday in English; Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday in French; Monday and Friday in German; Wednesday and Saturday in Spanish
Departure: 12.00 am
Duration: 1 hour
Languages: English, French, German and Spanish
Price: € 29,50 per person (age 6-99), free under 6 years
- For security reasons backpacks and bags are not allowed inside the Basilica and they have to be left at the free deposit available in Calle San Basso. Travellers are kindly advised to take less bags as possible in order to avoid long lines at the deposit
- Please wear appropriate clothes to enter the Basilica (no bare knees or shoulders)
- Please note that no refund will be accepted for no shows or late arrivals. The tour will take place also with rain, in the event of exceptional high tide it might be cancelled and refund will be provided.
- Please note that the tour might be multilingual in Winter season (depending on the number of participants).
FILL IN THE FORM
Book your excursion now!
Clock Tower – Saint Mark Square, Venice
(Lat. 45.440915 – Long. 12.338979)
Present yourself at the meeting point at least 15 minutes before the start of the tour.
- Golden Basilica of St Mark